Salud's goal is to educate medical students about the healthcare needs of the Latino population. We address the language barrier by educating students about interpretation services, and by teaching basic Spanish phrases. We promote outreach through community service programs that serve Baltimore's Spanish-speaking patients, as well as educating students about opportunities to work and volunteer abroad. One of the aims of Salud is to enhance and support the University of Maryland's Medical Spanish Program, so that interested students feel they graduate more capable of addressing the needs of the growing Latino patient population. We also strive to educate the medical student community about the varied and rich cultural contributions of Baltimore’s Spanish-speaking communities.
- Community Service Opportunities in Baltimore
- Informational Session on Joining Medical Spanish
- Spanish for Beginners Brown Bag Lunches
- How Baltimore's Immigrant Population Accesses Healthcare
- Obstacles Facing Baltimore's Latino Population
- How to Work/Volunteer Abroad